Popular Courses/PR leading Courses/Study to migrate
Brief Description and overview of Automotive Courses in Australia.
An automotive mechanic, also known as Motor Mechanic, is skilled in all aspects of the automobile. They carry out diagnostic checks and repair a range of cars and related vehicles. The Australian Government’s joboutlook.gov.au website shows a solid future growth prospect for all motor mechanic-related occupations, and the weekly salary is $1,436 (2021). Many international students choose the Automotive career pathway due to its potential to lead to permanent residency (PR) in Australia.
Vocational Automotive courses in Australia:
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
- Certificate IV in Automotive Electrical
- Diploma of Automotive Technology
- The above courses are between 18-24 months long.
- All of the above qualifications have work placement as part of the study program, which gives you valuable work experience in Australia.
- You may qualify for a 485 Visa after completing some of the above courses. (Check the entry requirement).
- Typical starting salary is $1,436 per week (2021).
- Further studies in a Bachelor degree in a related course is also possible.
Entry requirements for International students:
- Minimum completion of Australian year 12 or Equivalent.
- Academic IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 Across all bands or equivalents.
(For more information, check the individual institution's website or contact us)
Job-ready program and skill assessments for Automotive Mechanies.
- Apply for Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA). This is the first step for Job Ready Program (JRP).
- Successful PSA can be used to apply for a 485 Visa (make sure your occupation is listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)).
- Find Job-ready employment and complete at least 1725 hours of paid work over a minimum of 12 months from your job ready employment start date.
- Job-ready workplace assessment is the next stage of the process after a minimum of six months work.
- The final stage is the Job Ready Final Assessment. Once your Job Ready Final Assessment is completed, you will get a confirmation letter from Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) confirming your successful skills assessment in your occupations.
What are the PR options/Pathways Automotive graduates?
- Completing your studies.
- Getting your skilled assessed by TRA (Check above).
- Lodge your Expression of Interest (You must meet the minimum points requirement).
- You may be invited to apply for the Permanent Residency.
Different type of Migration Visa options Automotive Mechanic
Many Automotive occupations are listed on both Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and qualify to apply for VISA types 190, 189,491, 494.
Some of the institution where you can study Automotive Mechanic in Australia
Skyline International College
Central Queensland University's TAFE